Deco help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco help
Deco help
2021-11-27 19:17:49

Hi I purchased a deco mesh system to extend my Wi-Fi coverage a couple of years ago but being very uncertain of what to do I seem to have set up another network rather than extending the original. Anyway I have put up with this but is really causing me a lot of problems now so my question is is it possible to make all the nodes back onto my original Wi-Fi and would I have to repair the items that are connected to these or will they just swap straight over as well 

if anyone could provide a step by step guide I really would appreciate it

kind regards 

col

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco help
2021-11-27 22:41:44

@Colw1 I have just been looking through the settings and under the advance settings it says operation mode wireless router when you click on this it has two options one for router and one for access point I think I should be on access point but it says it will reboot does this mean I will loose all the items connected to it

Options
Re:Deco help
2021-11-29 08:27:25

@Colw1 

Hi,

Changing to the access point will turn off the NAT function on the Deco and all the devices will obtain IP from the main router.

Since the wireless network and password did not change, the clients are still able to reconnect to Deco but with a different IP address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 2

Related Articles