Deco M5 only release 5ghz signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 03:45:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Hi!

It seems one of my Deco m5 only produces a 5ghz signal. I have a PC that doesn't have 5ghz compatibility and could not connect to this deco even though it is nearer, my PC connects to a farther deco which causes it to receive a weak signal. How can I turn on the 2.4ghz signal for this specific deco?  I've also attached a picture showing that the deco is connected to another deco via a 5ghz signal.

Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M5 only release 5ghz signal
2021-11-30 06:22:51

@LudsuC 

Hi, I see that you have updated firmware 1.6.0.

So I wonder did you lose 2.4ghz after the firmware upgrade?

As for the other post, After the firmware upgrade, one M5 lost power. Is it also after firmware 1.6.0?

Could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of these two Deco M5 units?

Would there be any abnormal behavior during the firmware upgrade?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-30 11:00:29
Hi! Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if the reason why the other m5 went dead is because of the update. I'm also not sure if the cause of the 2.4ghz not showing is also caused by the upgrade. I have managed to update my other 2 m5 to 1.6.0 without any problem and there is no abnormal behavior during the firmware upgrade. I've replied and sent you the MAC address you need. Thanks
Options
2021-11-30 11:21:08

@LudsuC 

hi, I noticed the one without 2.4ghz was not bound to any email so have you reset it already?

If yes, if adding it back to the Deco APP again, will it make any difference?

Also for the dead M5 without power, would a hardware reset make any change?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-30 11:47:36

@TP-Link 

Yes, I have reset it like 4-5 times frown and that m5  is currently active in my network. please see the below screenshot

as for the M5 that has no power. I have reset it using the reset button several times as well but it won't still turn on. 

Thanks.

Options
2021-12-04 05:34:35

@TP-Link 

Hi!

Any updates with my concern?

Options
2021-12-06 07:01:14

@LudsuC 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

As for the Deco M5 with no power, it is suggested to contact the local warranty office to ask for a replacement.

As for the Deco M5 with 5ghz only, no 2.4ghz, could you please swap its location with one of the other satellite units?

Then go back to Deco APP>More>Wi-Fi>2.4ghz>turn off, then back on.

--If still only 5ghz, it is more like a hardware issue and I am afraid you might need to replace this one as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 449

Replies: 6

Related Articles