After firmware update WiFi slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 09:00:46
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

After latest firmware update, my WiFi will not go up more then 100 mbps. I am using fiber 1000mb before I got 800mbps.

Options
22 Reply
Re:After firmware update WiFi slow
2021-11-30 12:53:55

@MrHau 

Make sure your Intvernet port has the appropriate speed:

If your Internet port is capped at 100 mbps then check these settings:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-30 14:24:55
Have made reset and is back to normal, but then second day is again drop to 100 WiFi and lan both, now have reset router again will look inside setting if drop again
Options
2021-12-14 06:48:37

@MrHau 

Hello, is the speed back to normal after the reset?

MrHau wrote

Have made reset and is back to normal, but then second day is again drop to 100 WiFi and lan both, now have reset router again will look inside setting if drop again

Options
2021-12-14 06:55:13

@Kevin_Z 

hi after reset and done the setting, the speed is back to normal but now I force with another problem, but am not sure is router problem or isp problem, almost everyday my connection with the internet is broken and after few seconds I have connections again I have called them and need to try plug out cable and insert direct to modem but there is no problem

thanks

Options
2021-12-14 07:05:56

@MrHau 

Thanks for getting back.

May I know who is your ISP? Before the firmware update, there was no issue? We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, the engineering team will investigate to see if it is a concern in the router that can be resolved.

Options
2021-12-14 07:09:57

@Kevin_Z 

my isp is cmhk 中國移動 my speed is 1000mbps 

before firmware update no problem 

Options
2021-12-14 07:17:26

@MrHau 

Thank you. I've forwarded your email address to the engineering team for a follow-up. 

Options
2021-12-14 15:50:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I also want to say I got a msg from iPhone.  If I click on my router there is a privacy warning and says am blocking the dns traffic how to solve that problem.

Options
2021-12-15 01:24:18 - last edited 2021-12-15 03:21:15

@MrHau 

Regarding the "This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic" message, we share what we have confirmed.

Ever since iOS 14, Apple started supporting encrypted DNS, and sometimes you might get this“ privacy warning: this network is blocking encrypted DNS ” notice on your iOS devices when they are connected to a network that did not support encrypted DNS. The Archer routers don't support encrypted DNS now, but they can forward the traffic to the DNS servers without an issue.

Try figuring this out, you can try the following:
1. Go to the Wi-Fi Settings of your iOS devices, forget/delete the network, then reconnect to it again. Check and confirm if the privacy warning will disappear.
2. If that doesn't help, try changing the DNS servers on the router to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 (Under Advanced > Network > Internet) manually, then go to the Wi-Fi Settings of your iOS devices, forget/delete the network, then reconnect to it again.

Options
2021-12-15 02:28:20

@Kevin_Z 

I could not find how to manually change Under Advanced > Network > Internet).1 manually,

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1596

Replies: 22

Related Articles