Ziggo Wifi Booster Pods and Deco Nest M4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 18:28:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just been sent two Wifi Boosters Pods from Ziggo (Internet provider in The Netherlands) will my Mesh set ever be able to see them or use them?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ziggo Wifi Booster Pods and Deco Nest M4R
2021-12-02 07:54:21

@jasonLawr 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I see some information on Ziggo website and they mentioned that:

Ik heb al mesh-wifiboosters van mijn vorige internetaanbieder in huis. Kan ik die blijven gebruiken?

(https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/internet-wifi/wifibooster/smartwifi-pods-zeshoekig)

Verschillende mesh-wifi-systemen werken niet samen. Er zijn twee typen SmartWifi pods bij Ziggo. Heb je de TP-Link Deco M4? Dan kun je die uitbreiden met extra TP-Link Deco pods. Heb je de zeshoekige SmartWifi pods van Ziggo? Dan kun je die uitbreiden met de pods van dat type.

Of je de wifiboosters van je oude internetaanbieder kunt gebruiken weten we niet. Als je al wifi-versterkers van het merk TP-Link  hebt, kun je dat zeker proberen. Andere merken hebben we niet getest.

Since you have bought M4 and Ziggo Wifi Booster Pods already, both of us could not give you an exact answer and why don't you give it a try and see what happened?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Ziggo Wifi Booster Pods and Deco Nest M4R
2021-12-02 08:25:16

@jasonLawr 

Well do add more detail. I had some annoying Wi-Fi issue at my home so Ziggo suggested buying the Deco M4R which then takes over the Ziggo modem for wifi usage. Everything is working fine.

Recently I up graded my contract which entitled me to two of these Wi-Fi booster pods PP01-ZG with six sides. From a little more research I understand the following:

• The wifi pods only work with the Wifi from the Ziggo Modem and not Deco Nest Set so,
  • I have to make a choice either good Wifi from the Deco Nest or average Wifi from the Ziggo pods

Obviously the choice is easy but, I just though that Deco would add the option to see other wifi boosters so I can extend the network.

Weird that Ziggo would offer and promote two units  that don't communicate with each other. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1131

Replies: 2

Related Articles