Range Extender re505x connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-01 18:14:43
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hello, 

My router is TP Link Archer C7 ver 5 and I recently purchased RE505X. After that I have been having tons of issues with getting this extender working. 

1. From the router I have enabled One Mesh

-the extender is detected and added to the One Mesh

2. I am plugging the extender with a LAN cable from the router in a separate room. 

Issue: 

The moment I turn on the extender and plug the lan cable in, it is detected by the router and all looks good until I try to re-connect with my laptop, TV or phone. All devices see the wi fi network, they are able to connect but they don't have intnernet. It simply says connected without internet. I have one laptop connected directly to the router via LAN cable which functions without any issues but the 2nd laptop right next to the router cannot connect to the wifi network and have internet. 

I have installed TP linl tether on my phone and barely connect to the extender where I have undergone all the quick setup steps, the networks are visible. I have disabled DHCP and etc. without any luck. 

The moment I unplug the extender the connection comes back and all other devices connect without any issues. 

I believe that something is not working as expected out of the box for this extender and I have no idea what to change or adapt to get it working. I don't have any access control enabled on my router. I was not able to find any options for MAC filtering in my router which I could turn off or try to edit. 

Could you please give me some suggestions on what to do and try as I have been fighting with this device for the last couple of days and I plan to return it as I simply can't get it to work. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender re505x connected but no internet
2021-12-02 08:32:39

Hello @HellCreep 

Thank you very much for the detailed post. 

1. Range extender need to be configured in AP mode when it wires to the router. Here is the  instruction:
How to setup Access Point Mode of Range Extender?

2. If you wish to use OneMesh, it is recommend to set up RE in the extender mode and wirelessly connect to router.

Please check out FAQ here:  Q5. Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh
[Range Extender Feature Request] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1