When will release Firmware for able select WI-FI channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-05 03:39:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.51

I had 4 m9 plus at big house. but most of problem is WIFI 2.4G hz always interferes with house microwave,  the microwave was building in cabinet. it very difficult to replace it. when will TP-LINK send new firmware to M9 plus mesh to able select 2.4G hz channel? I was waiting for long time.

Options
4 Reply
Re:When will release Firmware for able select WI-FI channel?
2021-12-06 11:55:17

@BIGBEAR2017 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I am afraid that there is still no plan to support manually changing wireless channels, even on firmware 1.6.0 since I see you followed the other post about ETA of 1.6.0 on M9 plus.

May I know the model number of your house microwave?

And which channel it is on Deco M9 plus now for 2.4ghz?

Would you mind telling me how you find out that Deco and microwave are messing with each other?

Later I could help you consult our senior engineers for other workarounds.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-12-07 19:45:35

@TP-Link 

microwave model is Panasonic NN-ST785S

Deco M9 plus 2.4G hz using channel 5. 

I have 3 wi-fi camera connect to NVR AND  NVR screen in living room, as soon as the Microwave start using , the all of 3 wi-fi cameras picture freeze, then lost connect. after microwave off for 20 sec. all the wi-fi camera will back, but if keep using like those for 10 days, all of 3 wifi camera will lost permentaly pictures. the only way to restore those camera back to NVR is unplug of camera power, then reboot those camera, it will work another 10 days around.

you can see how bad is your DECO wifi , and your system even doesnt allow me to change the channel.

File:
2.4G HZ.JPGDownload
Options
2021-12-08 01:18:36

@BIGBEAR2017 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you have got an email from me.

At the same time, there is a feature called network optimization on the Deco APP>More which could automatically optimize the wireless channel.

Please give it a try and check whether it could temporarily fix the current issue.

Thank you again.

Options
2021-12-08 03:57:11

@TP-Link 

hi, 

yes. I can receive your reply through email, 

I did network optimization, deco system show perfect

I even turn on microwave , then start Deco network optimization, Deco gave me same perfect results 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 568

Replies: 4

Related Articles