Issue since upgrading Deco M4 to 1.5.2: unable to find other deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-05 12:43:45 - last edited 2021-12-05 12:50:02
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 Build 20210916 Rel. 56193

I have two Deco M4 setup as Access Point.

Main Deco is connected directly to my router, second one is connected using Ethernet Backaul. Everything was fine since I bought them.

This morning I have upgraded from 1.5.0 to 1.5.2. Since then, my second Deco is not found. LED is solid white but on the app or from the web interface, second deco is marked as "Disconnected from other decos".

I tried everything, I even reset both Decos. After resetting both Decos, I setup the main one again but as router. The second one was connected to it until I change the operation mode to AP. The main Deco had restarted and since then the second Deco won't connect (but LED is solid white and I can ping it).

I also tried to downgrade but I have "Operation failed" everytime.

Is this a bug? How to make everything work again?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue since upgrading Deco M4 to 1.5.2: unable to find other deco
2021-12-06 01:13:13

@mbo0 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you ever checked whether the second Deco M4 could provide internet service when it is disconnected on the Deco APP?

Maybe it is a false alarm on the Deco APP.

If the internet service is fine, please go to Deco APP>Over>three lines on the top>help>contact US>suggestions and add the APP log.

Moreover, this issue only happens to access point mode; on the wireless router mode, everything is fine, right?

Options
2021-12-06 07:13:46

@TP-Link 

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. It's working fine now. I've waited 3 or 4 hours, reset again the second deco and tried again and boom! Working again. 

All I can see is that yesterday morning, tplinkdeco.net was not working so not redirecting to my main deco. In the evening it was responding and I was able to connect my second deco. Does this seems the reason?

Thank you

Options
2021-12-07 11:23:30

@mbo0 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

It is not the right behavior, I can confirm that.

But I am not sure whether it is related to the previous issue.

I think it would be better if you could monitor the network performance of the new firmware for a while.

Please feel free to update here with further progress.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 412

Replies: 3