DynDNS settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DynDNS settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DynDNS settings
DynDNS settings
2021-12-06 12:31:19
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am trying to use the TP-Link dyndns and I have created my domain xxxxx.tplinkdns.com, the status is "bound" but the moment I leave those settings and I return to them again it is back on DynDNS. How do I make the xxxxx.tplinkdns.com permanent?

Options
10 Reply
Re:DynDNS settings
2021-12-07 06:49:35 - last edited 2021-12-07 08:19:16

@EHM 

Make sure that you're with the latest FW release for your device.

In your user guide - Chapter 12.5 is described how to use Dynamic DNS feature of your router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-12-07 07:50:55

@EHM 

Where did you see it is on DynDNS? Is there an existing rule once you save the TP-Link DNS settings on the Dynamic DNS page? Please post a screenshot.

BTW, there is a guide you can refer to configure TP-Link DNS on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1367/

Options
2021-12-07 08:41:27

@EHM 

the firmware is up to date:

When I go to the Dynamic DNS settings I get:

Then I select TP-Link:

and all looks fine but when I leave the settings and go back again it shows the DynDNS settings again.

I deleted all the DynDNS settings, selected "Logout" and it looks like this:

but it keeps coming back.

I want to end the DynDNS service but only when I am sure the TP-Link on is active

Options
2021-12-07 08:51:57

@EHM 

Have you tried to ping my-dnsname.tplinkdns.com URL and see if the reply is from your router's WAN IP address (your public IP address) ?

If it is, then the registration was successful. Logout the local admin account and then login with your TP-Link ID account to see if my-dnsname.tplinkdns.com binding persists:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-12-07 09:09:37

@terziyski I always login with the TP-Link ID account, how do I go back to the local?

Options
2021-12-07 09:10:43

@terziyski By the way the ping is ok

Options
2021-12-07 09:21:24

@EHM 

If the ping reply is OK then my-dnsname.tplinkdns.com binding is successful.

How to login with local admin account:

Options
2021-12-07 09:27:54

@terziyski I don't get the local password option

Options
2021-12-07 09:43:11

@EHM 

Try another browser or incognito/private browser window to see if any difference.

If still don't see that option you may try resetting the router to factory defaults and re-configure from scratch - in many cases that improves device's behavior.

Options
2021-12-07 10:13:07

@terziyski Factory defaults is the very last thing I will do, I have quite a lot of static IP addresses and not looking forward setting them all up again.

Different browser or private did not make a difference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 10

Related Articles