Solid Red Light on Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-06 17:30:03
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 202110204 Rel 50164

Found all three of the Deco x60's with red lights after being gone for the weekend. Had to reset all three and create a new network from scratch. One of the three Decos will not connect wirelessly or wired when I connect either of its ethernet ports to a switch. Either way, it goes through the yellow start-up LED for about 2 minutes and then goes back to solid red.

Does anyone know of any methods TPLink has to unbrick this? 

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Solid Red Light on Deco X60
2021-12-07 03:02:54

@CloudAdmin 

Hi, just want to confirm one thing, this unit never came to blinking blue after reset, right?

if yes, please refer to this link to run a firmware recovery:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

While if the firmware recovery did not work either, please send me a private message about the SN number on this unit.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Solid Red Light on Deco X60
2021-12-07 13:57:50

@TP-Link 

Hi,

That is correct. It never achieved a blinking blue light or a solid green light for that matter.

When I connected it to a switch on either Ethernet port, the link lights on the switch never lit up.  

That being said, the DECO X60 3-pack was purchased at Costco and it's already being returned for an exchange today.

TP-Link wrote

@CloudAdmin 

Hi, just want to confirm one thing, this unit never came to blinking blue after reset, right?

if yes, please refer to this link to run a firmware recovery:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

While if the firmware recovery did not work either, please send me a private message about the SN number on this unit.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for your reply. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2144

Replies: 2

Related Articles