Wireless router TL-WR841N wifi network randomly dissapears

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-09 20:21:44
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I set up the TP Link wifi router connecting to my ISPs router via an internet cable on the blue connector.

Then, I am connecting to the router's wifi via my laptop.

My laptop runs linux.

I can connect successfully initially.

However, i notice that, after a random while e.g 20 or 30 minutes, the wifi network of the router "disappears", even though my PC is still connected to it.

I have looked for the wifi network then using my phone, and it can't be found.

In order to get the router wifi network to re-appear, I have to power cycle the router.

If i had to guess what is happening, I would say there is some kind of a time-out happening in the wifi hardware, which is switching off the wireless network identification after a while, so it becomes invisible.

This behaviour is a pain, as I have to do a reset every now and again.

When I connect to the router via a cable, I don't experience these network problems.

My questions are:-

1. Any idea what is happening ?

2. How to trouble-shoot the problem ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless router TL-WR841N wifi network randomly dissapears
2021-12-10 07:16:04

@showe1966 

Hello, have you tested for wireless interference around you? That could be the reason for the 2.4 GHz band disappearing so often.

You can try installing a Wi-Fi analyzer on the computer or phone to review the wireless network in your neighbors, then select the best (least congested) 2.4 GHz band channel for you to choose.

You can also go through this article to troubleshoot further:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 199

Replies: 1

Related Articles