Tl-WN823N as a wireless adapter for Raspberry Pi 4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-12 11:50:56
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ?

So I wanted to get a wireless extension or something that I can put my wireless on monitor mode because my chipset that is build-in cant be put in monitor mode of not compatible and I don't know how these tp-link adapters work on raspberry pi's I searched the internet and saw only for raspberry pi 2 and 3 but nothing about 4 so I hope someone can give me instructions on how to make this work my raspberry pi 4 does see that its connect in a USB port but the rest I don't know

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tl-WN823N as a wireless adapter for Raspberry Pi 4
2021-12-16 01:19:12 - last edited 2021-12-16 01:20:30

Hello @TheSkyes 

As far as I know most Tp-Link official drivers does not  Monitor Mode now.

You may check what is the Linux kernel of your Paspberry Pi 4 and see if there is any available driver.  And you could find the kernel adapter supports here: Most frequent questions when installing Linux driver of Wi-Fi Adapter
Since Linux is developed on an open-source system including various branches, if the Linux kernel is not included in the TL-WN823N official driver, we cannot guarantee that the adapter could work on your Linux system. However there are many developers providing their own drivers in Linux forums such as Github, you could check the related driver based on your adapter chipset ' RTL8192EU' and Linux Kernel:

https://github.com/search?q=RTL8192EU

I hope this could provide any help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3481

Replies: 1