Deco x60 wifi setup brick house issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-14 08:30:54
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.10.3

Dear community,

i just bought a deco x60 3 pack and i am looking for some help at setting up the best signal coverage and speeds.

I live in Belgium where our houses are build with brick walls and concrete floor.
I can get 2 Deco's setup witch are pretty close ( around 6m with floor between)
My main issue is getting the 3'd Deco in the living area, for some reason i cant pick up a signal coming from the main one.
The Main one i setup on the second floor in the middle of the hallway on top of a desk so no blockage.
Is it possible that the signal going down is just to much concrete for it to make a connection?
Is it maybe a good idea if i place my main deco in a tv cabinet?  i'm assuming its probably a waste of a deco if i place it there.

Sorry for the long post hope you guys can help, have a lovely day.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x60 wifi setup brick house issues
2021-12-15 08:25:34

@LeroyV 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is there any chance that you could provide a rough picture of the floor map about the location and distance between the Deco units?

Here are some general ideas about how to find a suitable location for Deco/routers:

How can I find a suitable spot for my Deco?

How to place your wireless router for optimal reception and performance?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 351

Replies: 1