DECO M5 SPEED LESS THAN MY ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 17:04:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Hi, 

I purchased DECO M5 pair of two. My ISP provides me internet speed of 100MBPS.

When I connect to the router provided by the ISP (WIRELESS) I get the speed of 100.78MBPS 

The deco is hardwired to my ISP's router and DECO m5 has 2× Gigabit Ports. So I should get a similar speed, however when I connect to the DECO wifi the speed drops 

Can someone please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO M5 SPEED LESS THAN MY ISP
2021-12-16 06:18:10

@Akarparekh 

Hi, compared with third-party routers, ISP-provided models normally would have better compatibility with the internet line.

And there are also two routers in your network which mean two NAT devices.

During the NAT transmission, there would also be a certain extent of speed loss.

So I think your current speed is quite acceptable.

When you are available, you could change the operation mode on Deco to be the access point to see whether there is any progress.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:DECO M5 SPEED LESS THAN MY ISP
2021-12-21 02:11:36

@TP-Link 

Thank you! I changed the DECO M5 to access point and got the speed. however not able to use the Tp-Link HomeCare and the transition to 2nd Deco is not smooth. It's like disconnecting from 1 deco and connecting to another deco. 

Here there are three tests I did in different setting  

1. CONNECTED TO MY ISP ROUTER (WIFI)

2. CONNECTED TO DECO M5 WHEN IN ACCESS POINT MODE 

3. CONNECTED TO DECO M5 WHEN IS ROUTER MODE 

When you say during NAT transmission, there would be a certain extent of speed loss, is it suppose to be so much

Also the DECO app doesn't give the correct speed test results.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 2

Related Articles