Deco App/Browser Console Very Slow Unless Reboot Main Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 19:25:08
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 20210607 rel 56436

As the subject states, the app is getting impossible to use now. It is version 2.10.3 (Android). Occasionally it will log on and show the devices in a timely fashion (30 secs plus), but more often than not it just sits there with an empty device list. If I drag down to refresh it tells me I am disconnected from the network. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the app as I get the same issue when logging on via a web browser. When I press the log in button it will just sit there and do nothing. Eventually after pressing the log in button for maybe a 10th or 11th time it will say successful and let me in. My only resolution is to reboot the main deco everyday. I have around 33 devices on the network. I am beginning to think the main unit is running at 100%. Well this is what it tells me when I do eventually log in! I think the units are going back to amazon as they are clearly riddled with bugs and certainly not fit for purpose!.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco App/Browser Console Very Slow Unless Reboot Main Deco
2021-12-16 07:11:27

@Mission360 Did you try clearing cache, logging out then in in the deco app?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2021-12-16 07:19:06

@ImtiazAli 

Yes I did. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Like I said, if it happens when accessing through a web browser as well then it can't be the app surely? 

Options
2021-12-16 07:27:58

@Mission360 

Hi, it is also suggested that you could change a different Deco as the main Deco:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

And apart from Deco M4, do you have another ISP-provided gateway at home?

If yes, you could consider putting Deco into access point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

Options
2021-12-16 09:17:53

@TP-Link 

Seriously? So I have to find a work around to fix an issue with a product that is clearly not fit for purpose?

I will certainly swap the main deco over, however I will not be changing the mode its supposed to work properly in! It will go back to the supplier before that happens!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 395

Replies: 4

Related Articles