My Deco does not assign IP adress to my camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 21:27:05 - last edited 2021-12-21 08:39:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.7. (latest)

For some reason I had an IP conflict and the IP address my wiered out door camera was taken by another device (an iPAD). The camera is since then unreachable and it has not recieved a new name. I have tried to restart it and now I can't see it in the app or online when accessing my primary Deco5. It is connected and Fling can identify it and I have the MAC address. But how do I get in into the network again? Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My Deco does not assign IP adress to my camera-Solution
2021-12-21 02:22:24 - last edited 2021-12-21 08:39:20

@Calevan 

Hi,

You could try to go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>Deco lab>Wi-Fi assistant.

There are two options: Detect camera+ Scan For devices.

You might check whether you are able to find the IP address based on the MAC address.

By the way, you could also try to log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net  and check the devices list on the web UI to see if there is an IP address related to the MAC address.

How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:My Deco does not assign IP adress to my camera
2021-12-16 07:46:23

@Calevan 

Hi, may I know the model number of your IP camera?

I think maybe you have configured a static IP on the camera?

If yes, I would suggest changing it to dynamic IP, then reserve the newly assigned IP address on the Deco APP for the camera.

Options
Re:My Deco does not assign IP adress to my camera
2021-12-20 21:10:48

@TP-Link The problem was that I could not log into it. So you could be absolutely right, but how would I be able to log in and change? Is there a way to force the deco to assign a new IP to a device or to scan the network to find unassigned items?

Thanks

Options
Re:My Deco does not assign IP adress to my camera-Solution
2021-12-21 02:22:24 - last edited 2021-12-21 08:39:20

@Calevan 

Hi,

You could try to go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>Deco lab>Wi-Fi assistant.

There are two options: Detect camera+ Scan For devices.

You might check whether you are able to find the IP address based on the MAC address.

By the way, you could also try to log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net  and check the devices list on the web UI to see if there is an IP address related to the MAC address.

How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 3

Related Articles