Ethernet Backhaul and Linksys SD2008

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 05:01:19 - last edited 2021-12-22 05:12:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are any compatibility problems with the Linksys SD2008 switch. I have my M9 Plus network in Access Point Mode. I have four M9s plugged into the Linksys switch which is connected to the Modem/Router.

Satellite stations *sometimes* connect via Ethernet Backhaul but often fall back to Wireless and I have only successfully gotten the 2nd M9 to the use Ethernet backhaul, though it often drops and uses wireless, while the 3rd and 4th always use wireless backhaul.

Would it be preferable to have *both* ethernet ports on the Main Deco connected to the Switch? Currently it is using only one port.

I thought perhaps it is the switch.

Thank you.

Chris

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul and Linksys SD2008
2021-12-22 11:26:55

@chrisale 

Check this reply - that maybe valid in your case too. Only one Main Deco ethermet port should go into the Linksys switch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Ethernet Backhaul and Linksys SD2008
2021-12-23 11:03:35

@chrisale 

Hi, nice to see you again.

I haven’t seen any feedback about Linksys SD2008 yet.

If you have a backup switch, we could replace it for a test.

Or May I know the model number of your main router?

Normally there would also be 4 LAN ports and we could use it as a switch, and connect 3 or 4 Deco nodes to the router to see whether it could maintain a stable Ethernet backhaul.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 2

Related Articles