RE650 2.4GHz Band Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-23 23:42:25 - last edited 2021-12-24 07:48:05
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Beta

I found a peculiarity that, as I'm testing the beta, I came here to report, the 2.4GHz band has a lower signal level, which doesn't make sense, the 2.4GHz band must always have a signal greater than 5GHz,I hope you see this.

To better compare this difference, as I mentioned here, I have the RE650 and the RE450.

I will send some images of the signal from RE 450V4 to be compared with the signal from RE650V1

RE450V4 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, signal comparison.

Now I'm going to send images from the RE650V1 also in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

both were plugged into the same outlet and using the same distance of less than 1 meter from the repeaters.

@Solla-topee 

Please help me....

​​​​​​Just to specify, the images with the signal in dBm are the assembled repeaters, in perfect condition and with the respective antennas connected.

Options
4 Reply
Re:RE650 2.4GHz Band Problems
2021-12-31 21:54:49

@Solla-topee analyzing the RE650V1 repeater and my RE450V4 I realized that the RE650V1 in the beta version I asked you to test has one more bug, my RE450 V4 when connected as an extender it with DHCP turned on, connected clients are not connected to the router, DHCP makes the RE450 take over and manage the clients, it simply takes the internet from the main router... the clients are allocated only on the RE450 they do not go to the router's IP base, when you enter the router only the RE450 appears connected and on the RE450 the clients are connected there, and the RE450 distributing the IPs and managing each one. on the RE650V1 in the beta version, this does not happen, even turning on the DHCP the RE650 throws the clients all to the router, this is causing errors on the iPs, and a drop in the connection, so I came to report this bug on the beta version to be corrected tmb. so that when you turn on the DHCP of the RE650 the clients are only on the repeater and are not also thrown to the router because then both the RE and the Router will give iPs to the devices which will lead to connection errors, because they are all the time connecting and disconnecting the devices trying to give iP to them.

Options
2022-01-05 10:40:22

Hello @Andrsouzaaa 

Sorry for the late reply, really appreciated with your continued feedback. 

1- I did not find a RE650 V1 in our office to test the signal strength, and according to my experience the weak signal strength is usually related to hardware issue not software. 

2- For your finding with RE650 Beta DHCP, it sound to me the  beta firmware DHCP function is different from RE450, probably not an impetable DHCP function. 

For 'even turning on the DHCP the RE650 throws the clients all to the router, this is causing errors on the iPs, and a drop in the connection, so I came to report this bug on the beta version to be corrected tmb. '  Can you share the details to the existing support email TKID210721521 directly, our seniors may could help explain about how the package and IP are being forwarded to router. 

Thank you and have a nice day. 

Options
2022-01-05 10:59:32 - last edited 2022-01-05 11:06:03

@Solla-topee  I've tried it, and no one answers me, they direct me to support in Brazil, but it's no use, the RE650V1 is not officially sold in my country, I imported it, so BR support can't help me. that's why I insist on sharing my doubts, complaints and suggestions here... Unfortunately I opted for the RE650 thinking about the coverage of my house, but it has given me more headaches than it helped, currently I don't even use it anymore, I opted for the RE450 V4 and an Archer C6 and I was hoping my money wouldn't be wasted on a high-end device, I'm looking for solutions for my RE650.

Options
2022-01-28 14:50:01

@Solla-topee Hello, what's up? I come to report another Bug, the RE650 V1 in the Beta version is losing packages when transmitting to MIMO devices, so it's one more thing to take a look at, to  fixes in the stable version, and also improve this delivery on P2P connections, where it loses a lot of performance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 579

Replies: 4

Related Articles