Parental control doesn’t match actual screen time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 08:52:59
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.10.4

New to Tp-link. Bought deco x60 few weeks ago. 
I want to manage screen time of some devices, e.g. my kids. Want to manage how much time they spent online. 
But, I've noticed that the hours of online that are displayed in the parental control app, doesn't match with the actual usage time, the time the device was online , or a website was visited. Instead it measures the time that this device or website has a connections. 
e.g. apple imessage is like 5 hours a day, and when I look into Apple screen time on the device , it's actually 20 minutes 😱

Wifi-calling (whatever that is), is like 20 hours a day. 
this means I can't set time limits because the time that is displayed in parental Controls is false. 

how can I resolve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental control doesn’t match actual screen time
2021-12-29 09:00:12

@New2link 

Hi, I think the Wi-Fi calling program might be running in the background.

Currently, there hasn’t been a proper suggestion for it, and is there any chance that you could close the program when it Is not used?

And could you please do me a favor to submit APP feedback about your current issue via Deco APP>overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Parental control doesn’t match actual screen time
2021-12-31 12:27:39

@TP-Link don't know how to shut this WiFi calling off. 
It does appear indeed, on iPhone. But it's not an app you can run and close down. 
but then again, other apps appear as wel, and the time displayed in parental control doesn't come anywhere near the actual time of usage. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 258

Replies: 2