Deco M4 and Sky Broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 00:44:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just received my Deco M4, followed the installation instructions and get to the final step, when it tests the internet connection which it fails. I don't have any SKY Q devices as other people on the forum have, just the basic sky super fast router, which I know uses MER and the M4 doesn't have that option, is there any way to get this connected and working?

I will try to reply as fast as I can with any questions you may have about my network.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and Sky Broadband
2021-12-28 01:50:28

@Ck60 

Hi, since you already have a Sky superfast router when you set up Deco, I guess you choose dynamic IP connection type on the Deco M4?

Would there be any IP address under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPv4?

Options
2021-12-28 22:10:35
Hi, the IP address in the section you have mentioned is empty, it simply just says dynamic IP and everything else is blank. I also tried to use ethernet to connect to a laptop to the deco device, but also never had any internet connection, although when I connect the laptop directly to the SKY router, it does have internet access. It's also very annoying trying to set this up and the deco home deletes itself when it doesn't have internet, making me have to go through the setup process every time and resetting the deco device.
Options
2021-12-29 02:11:43

@Ck60 

Thank you very much for getting back.

I got the message that you have fixed this issue already.

May I know how did you fix it in case other users might have the same problem?

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1041

Replies: 3

Related Articles