TP-Link Deco M9 Plus is Stable with 1 M9, unstable as soon as an extra unit is added

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus is Stable with 1 M9, unstable as soon as an extra unit is added

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 16:42:43
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

As soon as I add a second M9 to the network the problem, NOT being able to reconnect (for a couple of minutes), starts. as soon as I remove the second and third M9 the wifi is stable again. 

use case:

we have 3 deco M9

- 2 or 3 Deco M9 devices are configured for one network

- as soon as I leave the house the wifi of my phone will (of course) be disconnected.

- when I come home there is a change that wifi will not be reconnected (it connects and disconnects immediately)

al devices in our house do sometimes have this problem, not just our phones.

the problem is gone when only using one Deco M9, then the wifi is stable.

more info:

i have tried (probably) al setups that can be configured

- router/accespoint

- beamforming on/off

- fastroaming on/off

hopefully you can come up with a solution soon because I have no ideas left.

i'm not happy with this product. i'm more than a year bumbling with this hardware.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco M9 Plus is Stable with 1 M9, unstable as soon as an extra unit is added
2021-12-29 12:05:50

@M9NoStableWifi 

Hi, It is suggested to update your current firmware to be the latest one via the upgrade tool first:

Deco M9 Plus_V2_1.5.3_210309

Firmware upgrade tool:

Deco M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool

How to Update the Firmware of Deco (Method 3)

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:TP-Link Deco M9 Plus is Stable with 1 M9, unstable as soon as an extra unit is added
2021-12-29 15:08:27 - last edited 2021-12-29 15:41:30

@TP-Link 

I tried to upgrade the firmware to 1.5.3 as you mentioned (methode 3). but i't is not excepting my TP-Link id. 

I know I'm using the right network, right ID and password (incl. case-sensitivity), I do not use a vpn.

I even tried it with a direct (ethernet cable) connection in the main Deco M9 but this didn't help.

Why can't I use the android app to upgrade to this firmware version?

the android app indicates that the deco is up-to-date with 1.2.11 instead of upgrading to 1.5.3.

hopefully you can help me connect to the Deco M9 so I can upgrading the firmware

Options
2021-12-30 07:24:50

@M9NoStableWifi 

Hi, I tested under my TP-Link ID and it doesn’t matter whether I put the right and wrong password, the error message is “couldn’t find Deco”.

So I think your ID and password should be no problem.

And the Upgrade tool does not detect any Deco yet.

Could you please turn off the firewall/antivirus program temporarily on the laptop to have a look?

Or if possible, you could unplug the main Deco from the modem for a while and check whether the laptop is able to detect the Deco?

Options
2021-12-30 10:51:16

today, I noticed that Windows 11 is the problem with the firmware update/upgrade program. I used an older Windows 10 laptop with a long ethernet kabel in the Deco M9 and the upgrades did work.

hopefully, the disconnect problems are solved now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 4

Related Articles