Powerline not working upstairs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 17:07:24
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

evening all,

Has anyone had problems with powerline adapters not connecting on different floors?

my adapters have been working fine, i have them connected to a cctv system, Ive notice my cctv system has been offline, when ive checked the powerline light ha sbeen off.

I have succesfully connected them when there plugged in downstairs but I can't get them to connect when I plug it back in upstatirs.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline not working upstairs
2021-12-28 21:07:45

@Gordon_Taylor 

Hey

The 4010P kit is the older homeplugs and from experience these are known to be susceptible to interference.

Have these been working before or is this a new install?  

It it was working before, try disconnecting all possible plugs overnight as it could be static on the circuit... reconnect in morning and test.  I have seen this more than enough times fix this :)

If its a new install, then is your upstairs on a separate breaker or circuit?   modern breakers and trips can stop these working.   If so you might be better looking at a wireless solution, something like hte DECO M4

Options
2021-12-29 19:10:09

@Philbert 

yes they were working perfect then just dropped out. 
tried what you have suggested but to no avail, just weird that connect when both downstairs but not upstairs. 

thanks anyway. 

Options
2021-12-29 23:07:21

@Gordon_Taylor 

Umm that is a strange one!  How old are the devices?   It simply could be that they are now failing.

I had a friend used homeplugs (same model as yours) for years, then they just started to get slower and slower, eventually would only work over a short distance like yours.   He replaced them with the faster AV2 standard (100mbps+) and it worked again.   Just put it down to failing devices.

Options