After last firmware upgrade, bizarre Deco iOS app "couldn't find Deco" and hangs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After last firmware upgrade, bizarre Deco iOS app "couldn't find Deco" and hangs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 05:35:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 and 1.5.3 Build 20210203

I recently got a firmware update which I let the Deco app install. I have 5 Deco M5s, but one was unplugged so it didn't upgrade.

After the whole Deco system restarted, my wifi was (and is) working normally. The fifth Deco is plugged in again and shows Green.

When I first started the Deco app on my iPhone with iOS 15, it showed a little Deco with a red circle with an exclamation point  in it. Then it went to a screen that said "We couldn't find Deco". Again, there is a picture of Deco with the #1 in a red circle. The test below reads:

"Something went wrong with the Cloud service. Please try again."

Hitting "Try again" gets me a turning circle over the normal Deco app home screen, but then it is replaced with the "We couldn't find Deco" screen. All the while, my laptop and iPhone are connecting to the Deco wifi normally. I have included a screenshot. Sorry I don't know how to make it smaller.

Early this evening, the Deco app started working normally. There was no red circle with ! on a Deco. I could see the list of current and offline clients, etc. That was short lived. Within a few minutes, all I could see was that "something went wrong with the Cloud service" screen. I can't see anything more.

If I login to the main Deco using Firefox on my laptop, everything looks normal. It shows all 5 Deco's. Each one shows some CPU and memory usage, varying slightly over time.

Four of the Deco's show firmware 1.5.7 Build 20210819. The Deco that was unplugged when I did the last upgrade shows firmware 1.5.3 Build 20210203.   I cannot see any way to upgrade that one Deco. If I click on Online upgrade firmware, I just get a turning circle forever. Well, for at least 15 minutes.

My two main questions are:

1. How to get the Deco app working normally?

2. How to do a firmware upgrade on the one Deco that didn't get upgraded before?

Thank you for any advice.

Options
5 Reply
Re:After last firmware upgrade, bizarre Deco iOS app "couldn't find Deco" and hangs
2021-12-29 07:34:09 - last edited 2021-12-29 07:40:53

@RandySea2 

Hi, please click the "three lines" on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log.

Later I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers directly for further assistance.

As for the firmware upgrade, you could find the IP address of the 1.5.3 Deco on the web UI and log in to this IP address, then manually upload the 1.5.7 firmware.

How to Update the Firmware of Deco (method 2)

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:After last firmware upgrade, bizarre Deco iOS app "couldn't find Deco" and hangs
2021-12-29 17:37:20

As requested, I have just submitted my logs via help/contact us in the app.

Options
2021-12-29 18:01:34 - last edited 2021-12-29 18:12:06

I cannot find a way to download the firmware upgrade.

Nor can I log into the one not-updated Deco. I get a "browser not supported" message. I am using the latest Firefox Developer's Edition. It works fine logging into the main Deco.

Options
2021-12-29 19:31:08
Ok, I can log into the not-updated Deco with Edge. But I still don't have a firmware upgrade file to manually installe. Does seem odd that I can log into the main router with Firefox but need Edge for one of the satellites.
Options
2021-12-30 02:31:25

@RandySea2 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I got the email and has forwarded it to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please reply the email with your internet service provider and the model number of the cable modem?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 608

Replies: 5