Printer connection not operating

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 12:28:06
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Having problems getting printer to work with switch Port 3 which is enabled. Flow control config is 'on' but Actual shows 'off'. - Not sure if this is the problem.

Internet is running ok through switch.

I have the MTU VLAN enabled with uplink port as 1 - which goes to laptop - is this correct?. Connection to virgin router is via port 2.

Also there is no 'save' tab to save the set up configuration once I get it set up properly.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Printer connection not operating
2021-12-29 16:06:55

@Mike121 

Hey

Im guessing you have a virgin router, this switch and some PCs / Laptops connected too the switch

In that case you do not need any MTU or VLAN on the ports, VLANs are designed to route traffic between different segmented networks and with your hardware its not required (the virgin box wont support vlan)

The best option is to reset the ports back to the default vlan (0 or 1 if I remember) which will operate the device as a regular switch.   Uplink Ports (trunks as they are known) are for connecting 2x or more switches and not for end devices such as PCs/Printers.  

The printer is likely due the VLAN you have in place, I would recommend you remove all VLANs or reset the switch and try again.  With your setup you should not require any configuration on the switch

Options
Re:Printer connection not operating
2021-12-30 03:45:41

@Mike121 

Just to visualize your questions:

As suggested disable MTU VLAN to set the switch as a regular one:

To save any change you've made instantly click on Apply button.

If you still have issues a factory default settings can be initiated here:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 2

Related Articles