Returning product - deco forces worst Wi-Fi channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-30 04:47:39
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 current

The DECO unit forces the use of the worst possible channels on Wi-Fi, channel 2 for 2.4GHz, and channel 44 for 5GHz radios, and

DOES NOT PROVIDE MANUAL CHOICE TO THE OWNER.  Most low-end routers provide that ability!

Wifi Analyzer at this moment shows only Chan 44 in use IN MY WHOLE SUBDIVISION and that's the Chan the dumb Deco chooses to force me to use out of all the available channels!   Unbelievable that fixes have been requested since 2019, and 2022 is here this week!

Goodbye TPLink DECO from my network!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Returning product - deco forces worst Wi-Fi channels
2021-12-30 08:58:24

@RogerPo 

Hi, Did you notice any specific issue when 2.4ghz is on channel 2 and 5ghz is on channel 44, such as slow speed, random disconnection?

There is no option to manually change the wireless channel yet, but if you have any issues, we would like to help you locate the problem and provide suggestions.

Wi-Fi analyzer might report “crowded” but it does not mean the performance of Deco must suffer from it.

Thank you very much.

Options