Questions about Deco E4 (hidden network and wifi channel)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-30 11:47:24
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have 2 questions about Deco E4.

1) When I abilitate also the Guest Network, an Hidden Network appear. I see this also from the available networks to which connect. Is it normal? Without guest network it disappear.

2) I see from a long time isn't possible to change manually the channel and no new firmware releases were released to solve this problem. Anyone knows when it will be adjusted?

In my case it's selected automatically the channel 6, but it's the worst on the basis of wifi scanner app.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Questions about Deco E4 (hidden network and wifi channel)
2021-12-31 05:51:06

@ale10 

Hi, could you please double-check the hidden Wi-Fi will disappear if the guest Wi-Fi is off?

The hidden Wi-Fi on Deco is used for wireless backhaul and enabling/ disabling the guest network would not affect the hidden backhaul.

Why the Archer A7 v5 / Archer C7 v5 broadcasts a secure hidden network

As for the channel, did you have any issue when 2.4ghz is working on channel 6?

Since satellite Deco will follow the wireless settings of the main Deco, their wireless signal would be on the same channel.

So the “crowded” channel reported by the Wi-Fi scanner app might not be really crowded.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 840

Replies: 1

Related Articles