DECO M4 internet connection drops intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-30 14:07:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hello, 

I have recently bought a Tp-Link Deco M4R to replace my previous mesh system which broke down. However, I have two issues that I don't have it with any other mesh system I have tested.

1- Internet connection drops intermittently for a short period ( doesn't go beyond 20 seconds max). I am using two of the three nodes only as Access Point. 

2- the second issue is a delay in loading sites or search results, again intermittently. 

I experience these issues at all devices (TV, Mobile and Laptop) and when it happens it happens to all of them as if the main node stops responding) 

there are no issues if I connect directly to my ISP-provided router ( as I have had been for some time before adding the Deco M4). I also had tested my network with Google Wifi and D-Link Cover, no such issues were noticed. 

I am not sure if it is a hardware problem or firmware? has anyone else experienced same problem? 

regards,

Arsalan

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO M4 internet connection drops intermittently
2021-12-31 03:47:05

@AE_CPH 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

Could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. Would turning off the fast roaming/beamforming on the Deco help?

2. May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of your ISP router?

3. How often did this issue repeat within one day?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 475

Replies: 1