Advanced Properties

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advanced Properties

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Advanced Properties
Advanced Properties
2022-01-02 19:43:59
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2023.70.109.2018

Hello everyone, 

I have jsut moved in to a new place and noticed that I am not getting the best WiFi bandwidth, tested the connection and acheving 15-20 Mbps where on my phone I reaches speeds up to 100Mbps. Tried to use a guide to tweak some of the propertoies under Device Manager>righ click on the device>Advanced - but ther isn't much properties at all which is a bit woring. 

Is this normal? 

Just for referance, I was trying to follow this guide (see step 5): https://thegeekpage.com/how-to-boost-weak-wifi-signal-on-windows-10/#Solution_1_-_Maximize_WiFi_Adapter_Performance_to_fix_weak_WiFi_signal_in_Windows_10

If you have any ideas how to improve the speeds than I would be happy to hear some tips form you. 

PLease advise  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Advanced Properties
2022-01-05 15:24:09 - last edited 2022-01-05 15:24:38

Hello @Pawel2022 

Thank you for the post. Hear are some things you could try: 

1. Try to select different 2.4Ghz channel and set 2.4Ghz channel width at 40Mhz

You could download an app like WiFi analyzer and scan for nearby channels, select a less crowed channel 

2.  TL-WN881N is a single band adapter which only supports 2.4Ghz WiFi.  Make sure you are test  2.4Ghz wifi speed at the same location on your other device, not 5Ghz  

If still the same, can I have the photo of the speed of tp-link adapter, and the other device at same location. 

Please check what are  the 2.4Ghz wifi Link speed on PC using tp-link adapter and another device: How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1

Related Articles