How do I turn off AP Isolation?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 13:42:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 Build 20210223 Rel 35265

I have two issues and I think they are related.

First I can not add either Satellite 2 or Satellite 3 to my Deco M9 plus network. It is not finding them.

I have since connected a couple of tablets and phones and a laptop to the network as it sits right now without any satellite Deco units and they are working and connecting to the Internet.

Since I was able to connect the tablets and laptop I decided to connect up a couple of my Google Home devices. In both cases, they connect to the network and I can see them in the listed devices connected to the network, but I get the following error on my phone when trying to finish up the install. 

Your Nest Hub Max was setup successfully but can't be found. Make sure your mobile device and Nest Hub Max are on the same Wi-Fi network. 

Turn off AP isolation

If AP isolation is enabled on your Wi-Fi router, you will need to disable it.

Since I am not finding the Deco Satellite units or finding my Google devices I am thinking it is an AP isolation issue. So I did a search on the Internet for a solution on how to turn off AP Isolation on the Deco M9 plus but I could not find an answer to that.

My previous Wi-Fi router was the TP-Link C5400 and everything was working fine. I am upgrading to a meshed network as the number of devices in the house is climbing and I thought the Deco M9 plus would be the answer to solving some of the issues I am having. So far it has only created more problems than it has solved.

My Deco M9 plus connects via Ethernet to my Motorola SB6141 Cable modem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I turn off AP Isolation?
2022-01-07 08:12:23 - last edited 2022-01-07 08:14:44

@VE3ATM 

Hi, there are some instructions here if you could not set up the satellite Deco units:

Fail to setup the Satellite Deco

As for the AP isolation, actually, under wireless router mode, there is no AP isolation on the main network.

All the wireless clients on the main Wi-Fi network are able to access each other.

Maybe you could check whether all the Google Home devices are connected to the 2.4ghz, not the 5ghz band.

And I used to see that Google Nest Protect uses an IPv6 address to communicate and set up connections with other Nest Protects.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9263646?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#zippy=%2Cmake-sure-your-home-wi-fi-is-working%2Cmove-closer-to-your-router%2Ccheck-the-settings-on-your-wi-fi-router-or-access-point

So if you do not mind, you could turn on IPV6 under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV6 to see whether it made any difference.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1578

Replies: 1

Related Articles