Port Forwarding to Two Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 22:38:37
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 200507 Rel.67942n

Hi,

I am trying to forward port 3074 TCP & UDP to a PC and Xbox on my home network.

PC has internal IP 192.168.X.A

Xbox has internal IP 192.168.X.B

Now, I have forwarded the TCP and UDP ports to the PC, but when I try to forward the same port to the Xbox, it comes up with an error code.

Is it not possible to forward the same port to two devices?

If so, this is very restrictive, my bog standard ISP router could do it.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding to Two Devices
2022-01-06 10:05:10
... but it is obvious that it gives you errors, you cannot use the same port for two different things, despite the two different IPs assigned to the 3074, the peripheral that first accesses the port becomes the exclusive user ... and the other device will not be able to use it because it is already busy ... otherwise what use would it be to put thousands of ports on a router? it would take much, much less to work if this were the case ... use a different port for one of the peripherals and you will see that the problem does not arise!
Options
Re:Port Forwarding to Two Devices
2022-01-06 10:30:48

@PasKy I need both devices to access the same port and have it open, as both devices are playing online games, the same game, at the same time. Both need an open NAT. This was easily achieved with my ISP router. But seems impossible on this new router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 2

Related Articles