Any feedback on 1.5.2 firmware on Deco M4 used in AP ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-08 03:31:18
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

Hi,

Any feedbacks on the 1.5.2 firmware on M4 ? especially with Ethernet Backhaul in AP mode ?

Are there any issues ? (like for the first 1.5 family releases) ?

i was reading all release notes from 1.1.18 and i don't see anything really new or optimized for AP mode. There is the WPA2 mode for WiFi, but nothing else really...

I wanted plenty of functionality for AP mode, but nothing added, so wondering if it is worth the update and the risk,, ?

thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Any feedback on 1.5.2 firmware on Deco M4 used in AP ?
2022-01-10 11:15:10

@frederikk 

Hi, there are some new features on the firmware 1.5.x under access point mode:

• Added isolation switch for the main network and guest network in Access Point mode.
  • Network Optimization
Options
2022-01-10 11:29:26

@TP-Link 

thnk you for feedback. but let's be pragmatic : this is theory. i want real feedback, especially as downgrade is not possible.

- network optimization : this is very vague... what kind of optimization ?

- for the second one, i don't understand exactly what it is ? for me guest and main are already isolated, aren't they ? i mean logically.

regards.

Options
2022-01-10 12:03:21

@frederikk 

As for real feedback, we will wait and see if other users could give some different comments.

As for the guest network, if I remembered correctly, on the old firmware, the guest network and main network are separated by default under wireless router mode, but not under access point mode.

So later with the firmware upgrade, it has been added an on/off switch so users could choose whether to separate these two networks or not under access point mode.

The Network Optimization feature will automatically adjust the wireless channel and channel width to reduce the wireless interference.

While currently, there is some negative feedback about this feature and it will also be improved along with the new firmware upgrade.

Frankly speaking, there isn’t a huge difference under access point between firmware 1.1.x and 1.5.x, except for the ability to change security mode.

Since it is not able to downgrade back to the 1.1.x, it would be a right choice to wait for a while unless there are enough reasons to update the new firmware.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-10 12:35:15

@TP-Link 

Thank you for this honest reply. Indeed that was my impression.

Regarding the Guest, i can confirm i have a switch to on off the guest, àd each has it's own SSID and password and even frequency. But i'm not really using it, so as you said, i don't see any proper reasons to update. 

than you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 4

Related Articles