Features requests for VR2800 software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-09 21:35:01 - last edited 2022-01-09 21:50:57
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1

With a powerful router as the VR2800 :

1- why is the VLAN interface feature not available? I just upgraded from VR400 and the tab for interface grouping is gone! 

I would like to add a separate VLAN for IoT devices on my network the 2.4 Ghz wifi

This could be done in several ways either allowing each IOT device to either only access LAN or Internet through more granular controls perhaps through the firewall or the access control feature and whitelisting devices.

I want some devices to access LAN only and not WAN. The access control just allows to block the device or allow which is pointless ... why would you add a device you don't want to use on your wifi!

2- I would like to have access to network WAN/lan traffic monitor, cpu and memory through ssh 

3- VPN client (to route all WAN traffic through VNP) 

4- Load balancing with 4G (iphone/andriod compatible via usb)  

5 - Link aggregation (dynamic load balancing)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Features requests for VR2800 software
2022-01-10 22:13:37
Unfortunately I have to give you bad news, Tp-link is no longer willing to support the Vr2800 or Vr2800v due to the discontinuation of the product for the end of its life, even those who like me have a VR2800v with beta version do not seem to agree to make a non-beta firmware for the end of life, I do not think so they will still put their hand to the firmware of this device, in fact my decision after years of impropriety I have decided that they will not take more money from me, and I will get rid of the products of this brand as soon as a break or a fail occurs of the products I still have. Good luck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 1