Archer AX11000 with 2 SSID and Deco X60?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 06:48:41
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I would like some more information on how best to tackle/solve the following.

My previous router was broken, and I switched to the TP-Link Archer AX11000.

I have now built my own network environment there. (SSID). Connected to it (wired) is several equipment and I can now operate it from the tablet or smartphone.

In order not to get too much interference, I also made a Guest network. Then friends can join the guest network.

My son is on the guest network also with his PS4 and telephone (both Wifi), only in the attic, here I have almost no internet, and pulling a cable to the attic is impossible.

That's how I came up with the TP-Link X60, this seemed to be the solution. I just wondered the following, is this the right choice? Because….

Does the X60 take over both created networks? Or is he just taking over 1 network?

Or should I forget the newly chosen router, I don't think it's useful, because I need at least 6 network ports (wired) downstairs, so I also opted for a router, or should I turn off the WiFi and let everything go from the deco X60, and reset everything, and built an newly network? Doesn't seem ideal to me...

Can I wire the main satellite of the X60 to the router, and the other satellites above? Or are there better solutions? Wired accesspoints at the attic are not an option for me.

So my current situation/question is:

Network provider Ziggo, but switch to Fiber Optic KPN (from April).

I connected my new TP Link Archer AX11000 to the Ziggo modem.

In it I created 2 networks, 1 private network, and 1 guest network.

Reason of the router, min. 6 network ports needed for my wired equipment.

What is the best way to get good WiFi on the above floor, and certainly also at the attic?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 with 2 SSID and Deco X60?
2022-01-12 06:50:57

@Thijn 

Hi, I would recommend the powerline adapters if the whole house is under the same electric circuit.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/onemesh/product-list/#powerline-adapters, TL-WPA8631p v3 kit for example.

Or the OneMesh extenders:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/onemesh/product-list/#range-extenders

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 1

Related Articles