"Test Internet Speed" function gone from Deco App after installing X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-13 15:44:41
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I previously had 5 X60's in my network, have replaced two X60's by X90's hoping to get better speeds. The resuly has been disappointing, not much improvement but also the function to test my real internet speed at the main deco (which is now a X90) has disappeared from my app. Seems strange to introduce a new top model but reduce tyhe functionality versus the previous?

Options
4 Reply
Re:"Test Internet Speed" function gone from Deco App after installing X90
2022-01-14 06:29:43

@Willem33 

Nice to see you again.

As for the speed issue, I would like to follow up on your case by email.

As for the reason why "Test internet speed" has been canceled on Deco X90, it will also be discussed by email.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-21 05:53:44
Hello, I bought Deco X90 today to get a better speed as I have 1 GB internet speed but throughout the day I received speed between 200-300 only on all my devices. I can’t even check the speed on my main deco devices as that feature is missing. I may end up returning this device if the speed remains between 200-300 mbps. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Options
2022-02-22 06:14:16

@aby2000 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you enabled the QoS settings>HomeShield on the Deco X90 before?

Are you able to help me check the wireless link speed on the client when the speed test is about 200-300m/s?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Is it possible to find a laptop and connect to the Deco X90 via Ethernet cable to test the wired speed from Deco as well?

By the way, May I know who is your internet service provider and how about the model number of your cable modem?

Later I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and please check whether you could get an email from us.

Thank you.

Options
2022-02-26 10:39:32

@Willem33 TP-Link are trying to make simple functions which costs them nothing a subscription based on X series - you give bunch of money and you need subscription.

and you are really limited on functions 

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1566

Replies: 4

Related Articles