Deco X60 devices go offline intermittently in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-15 19:17:26 - last edited 2022-01-17 01:48:27
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

I have a few devices that intermittently drop off being reported as online by the router.

I see a few of these in the log (not the devices that drop off and on).

What does "daemon.err nrd[13885]: estimatorCmnHandleBeaconReportEvent: Invalid beacon report for" mean?

I also get "daemon.err nrd[13885]: estimatorCmnHandleBeaconReportEvent: Invalid beacon report for".

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60 devices go offline intermittently in app
2022-01-19 03:44:30

@bjlockie 

Hi, the logs are related to the fast roaming protocol of Deco.

And may I know what are these devices that dropped the internet frequently?

It seemed like they might have some problem with the roaming performance. and It is suggested to turn off the "Mesh Technology" for these devices on the Deco APP.

Options
2022-01-19 04:03:02

@TP-Link The 'Invalid beacon report' errors in the log are from 2 desktop computers both with Intel 3168 cards (~2018, no updated Windows driver).

Why would they be fast roaming?

Android phones:
An LG G7 One phone and a Samsung Galaxy A8 phone still go on and off line but a Motorola phone stays online.

Options
2022-01-19 11:09:14

@bjlockie 

In this way, the log might stand for multiple meanings and I would check with the senior engineers again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the two mobile phones, have you tried to turn off the Mesh Technology on these two devices?

Could you please tell me more details about what happened when these two phones got disconnected?-- like they are still connected to the Wi-Fi but the web pages are not loaded; after a few seconds, it is working again then it would repeat after a while.

Since the 2.4ghz is easily affected by the wireless interference, would they be much more stable when connecting to the 5ghz?

Moreover, I used to see some feedback from other users that the random MAC address might cause some trouble, and could you please also turn off the random MAC address and use the actual MAC to have a look?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 3

Related Articles