Apple devices losing connection (Archer A6)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-16 06:28:13
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

I've been having a weird issue with my Archer A6 ever since my family bought it about a year ago.

My desktop PC and android phone will stay stably connected over wifi for as long as the router is on, but, at unpredictable times, sometimes the network becomes very difficult to join from Apple devices. All our apple devices (parents' iphones, my macbook air, ipad) will get kicked every minute or so, sometimes with it being impossible to rejoin for a short period (with either a "not in range" or "wrong password" message repeatedly showing on each attempt).

It doesn't seem to be an issue of range, this occurs even in close proximity to the router. I've tried disabling TxBF,MU-MIMO and changing the wireless channel to no avail.

This is a pretty infrequent issue by the way, roughly twice a week our devices seem affected by this, and the instability can last from 10min to several hours. Restarting the router fixes the issue, but I'd like to know if there's some setting to be changed to make this unnecessary.

I've attached a screenshot of what the system log of the router looks like while the issue is present.

I've never had this issue on any other router, and it's just really strange that it's only apple devices that are affected. Any ideas on what's going on here?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Apple devices losing connection (Archer A6)
2022-01-16 11:11:19 - last edited 2022-01-16 11:19:25

@ungato Hello. Change Wi-Fi security settings to these:

Also, it might be a good idea to play around with different Wi-Fi channels and channel width. Try switching 5 GHz Wi-Fi to 40 MHz and see if there are any issue then.

Options