Changing owner in Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-16 15:14:42
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Iv'e just tried changing owner of a Deco E4 noetwork. I did not go well.

They units are in the Philippines, and I'm in Norway. My sister in law there was owner, and changed ownership to me, so that I could check out the bandwidth from here and add some more administrators.

Things that really need fixing:

• Some kind of warning that the new owner has to connect to the Deco network to take ownership. 10000km is a bit far for WiFi.
  • Changed my password and let my sister in law try to log in with my credentials to assume ownership, following the e-mail from TP-link:
    This never showed up, perhaps since I'm already owner of three other Deco networks. How do I "Bind" as owner to a network when this screen doesen't show up?
  • Now the network is in limbo; No way to assume ownership, and with no admins we can't connect to it. It's still up and running, but a full reset an install is a chore - especially since I need to guide a step by step setup from the other side of the world. There should be a way to reverse ownership change if something goes sideways. 
Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing owner in Deco app
2022-01-16 18:37:03

@Flyndresnik Instead of handing over ownership to you, your sister could've added you as a manager (due to the long distance issue)

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2022-01-17 12:23:46

@Flyndresnik 

ImtiazAli was right and adding your email to the manager will be a better choice.

And would you please leave me a private message of the MAC address of the main Deco so that I can help you check which email it is bound to now?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-18 09:21:52
Yes, I agree. The challenge is that remote managing people is not as easy as remote managing equipment. If I had known I had to be present with a fresh install of the Deco app, and not already owner of several Deco networks for it to work, of course I would have given up, since I already was administrator.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 3

Related Articles