Archer VR300 not working as wireless repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-17 13:30:33 - last edited 2022-01-18 00:50:18
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.8.0 v009c.0 Build 200706 Rel.75268n

I recently bought a new modem/router for connecting to the internet so my Archer VR300 became redundant, I want to use this router as a WIFI access point as I use 3 other routers for the purpose of extending my wifi range at home. 

For other simpler routers I just disabled DHCP and connected a LAN cable to a LAN port and it works as a repeater.

However, VR300 doesn't want to work as a wireless access point. I have tried every possible configuration and port. Can somebody help me to set it up?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR300 not working as wireless repeater
2022-01-17 20:20:12 - last edited 2022-01-18 00:50:18

@Jaloliddin 

This should work the way you've already set for other routers in your network. Use this guide as a reference (Case 2).

VR300 in DSL modem router mode.

LAN setup:

Change the VR300 LAN IP address to be in your main router's LAN subnet.

Using any of the LAN ports to connect to your main router should work.

If still can't run the things like it should you can try the VR300 WDS feature (wireless range extender):

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer VR300 not working as wireless repeater
2022-01-21 14:35:45

@terziyski Thank you for your reply. I have been doing things exactly like you described, I have tried different IP adresses and things which need to be unchecked as shown in your reply are exactly the same. I'm using a 16 port TP link gigabit switch model TL-SG1016D for my home network, I don't connect the VR300 to the main router but to this switch just like everything else on my network. Out of curiosity I connected it directly to my main internet router, still won't work. BUT during the last 3-4 days, I SOMETIMES get access to internet (as I move around the house my phone connects to it automatically) even when I'm connected to VR300 WITH internet, I access its settings, it still shows no connection to internet. I don't any clue why it sometimes works but doesn't work most of the time.

I currently have 4 TP link routers configured as I wanted, they work just fine. This thing is is being stubborn.

Thanks for your tip about WDS, I'll try that now

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2467

Replies: 2

Related Articles