Vpn with M4 deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Vpn with M4 deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Vpn with M4 deco
Vpn with M4 deco
2022-01-18 09:31:52
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, 

I have 3 M4 decos set up and where working fine until yesterday. 

I work from home most of the time, so I have a built in vpn on the laptop. It was connecting fine last week but since yesterday I've been getting an error of 809 the network connection between your computer and vpn server could not be established.

All other devices work fine on the network, just when I'm trying to use my work laptop! 

Any help with port forwarding ect is welcome as I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Vpn with M4 deco
2022-01-19 10:08:24

@BenJacko 

Hi, is there any chance that you could test the VPN connection on a different network, such as the mobile hotspot from your phone?

And is there any change recently, like a firmware upgrade or new devices joining the network?

Options
Re:Vpn with M4 deco
2022-01-19 14:53:25

If nothing changed in your ISP and mesh network, then the issue must reside on your client software or VPN server.

Microsoft pushed some updates for win10/11 this month that broke some IPSEC and L2TP VPN connections, they just released fixes on their latest patch tuesday.

Update your windows first to see if those fixed your issue first.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 715

Replies: 2

Related Articles