My phone not detecting 5ghz network from RE450 extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 19:46:10
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My phone is not detecting 5ghz network from the extender. When i turn off nd on the extender it is showing 5ghz network for 5 mins then again disappearing.

Options
3 Reply
Re:My phone not detecting 5ghz network from RE450 extender
2022-01-24 07:29:33 - last edited 2022-01-24 07:32:12

Hello @Abdul.Salam1 

• Please make sure your phone supports 5Ghz wifi, and could detect Router and nearby 5Ghz signals first. 
  • Put phone closer to RE
  • Change Router 5Ghz channel to 36/40/44/48 
  • You could change a different SSID for RE's 5Ghz Wifi and see if the 5Ghz SSID show up 

(via Tether app)How to change wireless settings of TP-Link wireless router on Tether APP
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2541/

(via Web GUI)How to find or change the wireless settings of TP-Link Range Extender
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1402/

• Please check different devices and see if another phone or laptop  could detect RE 5Ghz SSID
  •  
Options
2022-07-04 05:57:03

@Solla-topee Hi i have a similar problem

i used my iPhone 13 to set up the range extender (AC1900).

whenever I scan for wifi networks, it only shows my main router and 2.4 GHz network of range extender. The only time 5 GHz network shows up is why I "forget" my main router which is quite bizzare. So everytime I am on the second floor of my house amd trying to use the 5 Ghz network, i click on forget password of my main network and 5 Ghz network appears immediately.

Strangely, I have 3 other iPhones in my house and none of them seem to have this issue. All other iPhones and my laptops detect all three networks i.e. main network and extender's 2.4GHz and 5 GHz network. Its only this iPhone 13 (which I used to set up the extender) seems to be having this issue

Any recommendation?

Options
2022-07-04 10:33:12

Hello   @JJ89 

• Ensure the 5Ghz Wi-Fi signal is strong for your network device, at least 2-3 Wifi bars, or it is possible the 5Ghz signal is too weak and unstable. 
  • Use different Wifi SSIDs for router and range extender, and see if network could not see router 5Ghz SSId or Extender's 5Ghz SSID from time to time. 

As this occurs on one iPhone 13 , and other iPhones does not have similar issue, you may need to reach to Apple support and update the network adapter on iPhone. 

Here is a similar thread in Apple forum that lead you to their support. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253497224

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 3