TP-Link TD-W8970 - got problems getting Freesat BBC iPlayer working ? Read this ...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TD-W8970 - got problems getting Freesat BBC iPlayer working ? Read this ...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-25 19:08:27
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.1 v000c.0 Build 130415 Rel.34164n

ISP : TalkTalk

Thought I'd post this solution to anyone out there who has seen the same problem I had trying to get Freesat BBC iPlayer to work.

Bought the W8970 recently, got it all configured up but all attempts to access BBC iPlayer through my Freesat box (gfsat200hd) ethernet-linked to the W8970 went nowhere. Accessing iPlayer via the BBC re button did nothing, accessing iPlayer via channel 901 brought up the start page ("Press red button to continue") but doing this just brought up a blank screen. Googled the world and found absolutely nothing. After lots of config changes, restarts, DHCP changes etc the problem turned out to be simply that the SPI Firewall was blocking iPlayer. (OFF by default but I'd turned it on because it seemed like a good idea at the time ...) - you can disable via WAN (Advanced) Settings, unchecking "Enable SPI Firewall" and hitting Save.

Hope this helps somebody - drove me nuts til I solved it.

As to why an SPI firewall should block iPlayer is another question entirely ...

Mike
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TD-W8970 - got problems getting Freesat BBC iPlayer working ? Read this ...
2013-08-03 12:34:19
Hi, Mike.
Have you contacted with the technical support of Freesat BBC iPlayer to check the settings on the Freesat BBC iPlayer?
If you replace TD-W8970 with another modem router, can Freesat BBC iPlayer work?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 1