Deco unit connecting to the wrong unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 17:27:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Hi,
I'm quite desperate about this issue - 
I have a main Deco unit in the office room and 2 other units - living room and bedroom. The living room unit is closer to the main office unit and the bedroom unit is closer to the living room unit.
At first setup the bedroom unit connected to the living room unit and I received great speeds. The problem is that each time the electricity goes off or the connection is lost or I try to do a network optimization the bedroom unit connects to the main office unit and I receive poor speeds in the bedroom.
When re install both the living room unit and afterwards the bedroom unit - the bedroom unit connects to the living room unit and I receive good speed again. But it's very frustrating to have to do it almost on a daily basis.
Any solution to this? I read in the forum and saw that currently there is no feature to allow connecting a unit to a manually selected other unit.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco unit connecting to the wrong unit
2022-01-26 06:34:23

@AlonK  Hi, I see your model is Deco M5 V3 and maybe you could install the firmware on this link first:

Deco M5 1.6.0

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 1

Related Articles