Devices that connect wirelessly to an M4R slave, show up as "Main Network(Wired)" in the Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices that connect wirelessly to an M4R slave, show up as "Main Network(Wired)" in the Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-26 21:49:08 - last edited 2022-01-26 21:52:47
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hi there,

I got 3 M4's in a daisy chain setup behind my cable internet router similar to the top picture on https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/1794/. The main Deco is in Access Point Mode. So the 3 deco's are connected to each other via UTP cable (the two satellites serially behind the Main Deco), using the wired backhaul functionality.

The following strange thing happens: any device that logically connects to the 3rd Deco, at the end of the daisy chain, show up in the app on Connection type as "Main Network(Wired)" as if they are connected (via network cable) to the middle M4. But these devices are not wired, they are on wifi, in fact very close to the 3rd Deco in the chain (and getting max speed from there). Given the fact that these devices are wifi only, the app should show that they are on "Main Network(5 Ghz)" at least, not "Main Network(Wired)" !

Any clue what is going on here? Is this a bug in the app?

Any wireless connections to the Main Deco and the first slave show up fine in the app as they should. And besides, speed is excellent everyone in the house, even around the Deco at the end of the daisy chain.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Devices that connect wirelessly to an M4R slave, show up as "Main Network(Wired)" in the Deco app
2022-01-27 07:18:18

@BasvD 

Thank you for the feedback.

Please refer to the firmware in the private message and feel free to let me know whether it is working or not.

Options
Re:Devices that connect wirelessly to an M4R slave, show up as "Main Network(Wired)" in the Deco app
2022-01-27 11:05:15
many thanks! After resetting and re-adding the last Deco in the chain, the issue was still there (when I decided to create this forum post), but the issue by itself disappeared a little while (about an hour) later. Not sure what happened. I did not change anything. This morning the issue re-appeared. It seems to be intermittent because it is again fine at this moment. I am monitoring this now and will try the beta firmware if I run into issues. Much appreciated! The good news is that all my devices in my network have an excellent connection (max speed).
Options
2022-01-27 11:48:25

@BasvD 

Thank you very much for the update.

Please feel free to update here if you have any further issue.

Options