Disable WiFi on one of my Deco devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-30 16:44:22

I have two Deco X90s. The main one is in my living room, and the second one is in my office. The one in my office is connected to a PC and I use the X90 to boost wired internet to that computer.

Now, my problem is that my Sonos system don't specially like mesh systems. My speaker in the office naturally connects to the closest device, and by doing that it does not show in the Sonos app together with the rest of my Sonos speakers. I don't really have any use for a WiFi connection from my office device, so my question is: Is it possible to turn off WiFi on my office device, but not disable the entire device, so I can use it to boost my ethernet?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Disable WiFi on one of my Deco devices
2022-02-02 11:42:01

@Kristofferskj 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Do you mean that the Sonos speaker in the office connects to the office deco, then it does not show in the Sonos app together with the rest of Sonos speakers?

Before this problem occurred, may I know which device was your office Sonos speaker connected to?

Currently, we can only disable Wi-Fi for whole deco system, not for a specific deco unit. But you may provide me your network topology of your deco mesh system and Sonos system. We will help to analyze your issue as much as we can. 

Options
2022-02-02 11:49:28

@TP-Link 

"Do you mean that the Sonos speaker in the office connects to the office deco, then it does not show in the Sonos app together with the rest of Sonos speakers?"

This is correct. It seems like the speakers connects to the ones closest to the nodes.
I think it also has to do with what node my phone connects to first.

If I'm in the office it's connected to the office speaker. If I then go to the living room, it still finds my office speaker. But if I then reconnect to my wifi, it will find my Living Room speakers.

It's as if I have two wifi networks.

Options
2022-02-02 12:03:22

@TP-Link Forgot to answer. It's connected to an iPhone 13 Pro. Also a Macbook Pro 16" Intel. Same goes with my girlfriends phone, iPhone 12.

Options
2022-02-08 03:40:13

@Kristofferskj 

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

Since you only mentioned office Sonos speaker 2, such as the attached picture, what if you are in the living room and on the APP, you could see living room speak-1, after moving to office, will you still only see living room-speaker-1?

In other words, on the Sonos APP, you will only see one speaker each time, not all the speakers on the Mesh, right?

Before you reconnected the Wi-Fi after moving into a different room on the smartphone, did you check maybe the smartphone was still connected to the previous Deco?

On the web UI of Deco(http://tplinkdeco.net ), there is an IGMP multicast option under advanced settings and could you please check whether it has been enabled?

Options