Can I use TPLink Mesh system as access points only? Need to keep other router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-30 21:16:47
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need to add mesh for warehouse only.  No Internet required.  It is to connect Wireless data terminals for Inventory barcode scanning.  They will need to be on the same subnet as the non-TPLink router. I cannot replace this Enterprise class router.  I personally use Deco90's and like them very much and use the Deco app.

Can the AX6000 Mesh be used as Access Points only in this situation?  Will they work with the Deco App even though one is not setup as a router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use TPLink Mesh system as access points only? Need to keep other router.
2022-02-02 12:00:56

@JoyriderBC 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

It is recommended to connect deco unit to your Enterprise class router, then set up deco network. After that, change operation mode of deco into access point mode in deco app. 

If you don't want internet on mesh network, you can disconnect deco unit from Enterprise class router, but you can only locally control deco network. And if deco network has some issue and needs to be reconfigured, you have to connect deco to a router/modem/modem router to finish set up. 

Options