Changing the basic configuration of an M9 system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-30 23:17:41
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I never noticed this before.  My Deco M9 is set up as a wireless router.  I have a a copper network on 192.168.1.xxx and the M9 is on 192.168.68.xxx.  I can't transfer files from my Windows network to my wireless network.  I want to change the M9 to its AP mode, but I'm wondering what happens to the 30 smart switches, plugs and light bulbs.

I'm looking for other opinions here, if I force the M9 to recast its MESH network to the 192.168.1.xxx network as an AP, I'll have to re-install all of the home automation from scratch, won't I?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing the basic configuration of an M9 system
2022-02-02 12:26:11

@lhwidget 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Solution1: Let your Windows computer connect to deco network and enable DHCP on them. In that case, your Windows computer will obtain IP from deco network. 

Solution2: Change deco M9 into AP mode. Don't worry. You don't need to reconfigure your smart devices because smart devices are connected to the network through WiFi name and password. Changing deco into AP mode will not affect that. But since changing operation mode will cause deco reboot. All the smart devices need to take time to reconnect to deco network. 

Options