Tl-wn881nd disconnecting and reconnecting on windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 22:59:15
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there I have a TL-WN881ND adaptor in my PC and it worked for the first 2 weeks or so and then it started disconnecting randomly. Recently it has gotten even worse. I've tried to update its drivers but it says I have the most up to date ones available. In addition I've done all the other tips and tricks I can find like setting myself to a private network and disabling the sleep timer. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tl-wn881nd disconnecting and reconnecting on windows 10
2022-02-11 10:11:21

@Monkybager 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

To help us better locate your issue, please provide us following information:

1. What is the hardware version of your TL-WN881ND? 

2. What is the distance between your router and adapter? How many Wi-Fi signal bars you can get from the router?

3. Can other devices stably connect to your router?

4. How did you restore the connection? Will Wi-Fi reconnect automatically?

And you can try below suggestions:

Step 1. Check Wi-Fi signal strength. If the signal is weak, move the computer closer to your router if possible.

Step 2. Contact the router support to change channel and channel width on your router to avoid possible interference.

Step 3. Please try to ping the router's IP address “192.168.0.1”(we take the TP-Link's router IP address as an example), then please share the ping result. How to Use the Ping Command: FAQ425

If above suggestions do not work, please share with us the results above and tell us the driver version and computer system information by referring to How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 1