Archer A7 Very slow Internet connection on 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-02 14:40:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

Hello,

I bought a new TP-Link Archer A7 Router on 28.7.2021

From last few weeks, I am facing a Wifi Performance issue when using the 2.4GHz band.

Let me explain.

I have a 60mbps Unlimited Internet connection. The router and the devices (mobiles and laptop) are all in the same room.

When me and my wife both connect the router using the 2.4GHz band and do speed test, we just get ONLY 1 or 2 mbps speed!

(our phones do not have 5GHz support) None of us can watch any YouTube videos even in 480p quality.

When I connect my laptop using the 2.4GHz band, then again I get ONLY 1 or 2 mbps speed, sometimes in kbps!

When I connect my laptop using the 5GHz band, then I get full 50-55mbps speed!

I also have an old TP-Link Archer C1200 router that I used to have.

When me and my wife both connect the router using the 2.4GHz band and do speed test, we just get 10 to 15 mbps speed.

(our phones do not have 5GHz support) No issue with YouTube video play in HD quality.

When I connect my laptop using the 2.4GHz band, then again I get 15 mbps speed.

When I connect my laptop using the 5GHz band, then I get full 50-55mbps speed.

No issue with my old router!

As you can see my old C1200 router is working way better than this new Archer A7 router.

I have done Firmware Updates to the latest version, Factory Reset multiple times but no help.

As you can see, the problem is only with the 2.4GHz band.

May be, some loose antenna wire.

Pls suggest what I should do?

Go for warranty?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Very slow Internet connection on 2.4GHz
2022-02-15 09:40:00

Hi @Don79 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to reply late. Forum has been busy recently.

For your 2.4G slow speed issue, it is suggested to change the wireless channel and channel width and see if it helps. 

Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router (new logo)?

Please change channel width to 40MHz, and try different channel to find the best one. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1056

Replies: 1

Related Articles