Tether App device names

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether App device names

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tether App device names
Tether App device names
2022-02-02 21:45:49
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the tether app and gave all the devices names. When viewing devices on a web browser through my router login, all the devices are still shown with the generic default names. What gives? I'm trying to create parental control profiles for certain devices and the app isn't letting me add devices to the profile. When I go to add them through a web browser it's not showing the device names as what I changed them all to on the app. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether App device names
2022-02-16 03:49:36

Hi @Gusmedic 

Thanks for posting on our community.  

At present, our router does not support synchronizing device names on the tether app and the web management interface simultaneously. But we have already forwarded this feedback to our relevant department. They will evaluate and consider it. 

For your issue, when you can't add devices to the profile on tether app, do you get any error messages? May I have the screenshot of the error?

And you can try change the device name on web management page. The device name will be synchronized to the parental control feature on the web UI, then it will be convenient to add device in parental control profile. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 1

Related Articles