Slow speeds on Archer C2300 Ver 1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-02 21:59:21
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 build 20180611 Rel 77668

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with intermittent slow speeds. I get stalls to video or even images when scrolling reddit; I get zoom hiccups... and streaming seems to suck when more than 1 person is streaming in the home.

I've tried rebooting the wifi router and cable modem numerous times.

Yesterday I performed a series of speed tests when I was the only one "active" on the network.

- on Wifi I got ~14 Mbps down
- on LAN using a laptop with a direct ethernet connection I again got ~14 Mbps down

- using a laptop going straight into my cable modem I got 130 Mbps down

So it seems like the archer is slowing me down considerably.

I turned off all QoS and Parental Controls and still no change.

How can I debug this further? Thx in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speeds on Archer C2300 Ver 1
2022-02-15 14:15:46

Hi @needmorespeed  

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

May I know when did you purchse this device and when did you get this issue?

I noticed that your firmware is not the latest one. Maybe upgrading firmware can help on this issue. 

You can download the latest firmware here , and refer to case1 in this instruction to upgrade firmware How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers (New Logo)?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 1

Related Articles