AX73 router issues with dropping connections, poor wireless coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 08:34:15
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211125 rel.59476(4555)

Now since a week in possession of router, before that i had a Netgear R7000.

The speed of wireless was in the beginning stunning

Now after a few days:

- Wireless on Iphones/Ipad and laptop drops in speed and connection.

- Lan speed is bad( connected to Gigabit switch TP Link)

- after las update problems are stacking

Considering to send router back , but what is the alternative for this price?

In attached file there are the wireless setting ,are they OK ,or suggestions

Thanks in advance  for your help

KR

Hen Simons

File:
AX73_1.jpgDownload
Options
9 Reply
Re:AX73 router issues with dropping connections, poor wireless coverage
2022-02-04 18:18:40

@HSimons 

I got the same problem but no solution.

I think TP link just sold us the defective model without any backup service.

Options
2022-02-05 16:25:46

@Andyli_hk 

Its to early to say defective 

just trying to change settings and hoping for a firmware update

Options
2022-02-08 07:51:49

HSimons wrote

@Andyli_hk 

Its to early to say defective 

just trying to change settings and hoping for a firmware update

@Andyli_hk 

Agree with @HSimons that it's too early to say the router is defective now, but we want to confirm more details then we will try to figure it out.

Are you both talking about the 5GHz wireless connection and 5GHz speed dropping? Does the issue start after you upgrade and install the latest official firmware? Please be more specific when describing the issue then our engineers may understand the issue better.

@HSimons Do you mean there is another TP-Link switch in the AX73 network, and the LAN speed from the switch is bad? What if you remove the switch and test the LAN speed of the router, will it be normal? What is the LAN device you are testing the speed of? How about the Negotiation Speed on it? What is the model of the switch?

Options
2022-02-10 12:38:41

@Kevin_Z

Recieved a new example of the AX73 from supllier.

But also removed Deco M4 wifi boosters.

Did not updated the new firmware, all seems to be working fine now with amazing speeds.

I think that the wfi signal of the Deco M4 was the interference in this.

Wifi signal now stable

The router i use is TP Link managed switch 2808 , working fine now.

Have some finetuning to do 

But for now I  m happy

Options
2022-02-10 15:31:17
@HSimons Short response to your queries: Are you both talking about the 5GHz wireless connection and 5GHz speed dropping? Does the issue start after you upgrade and install the latest official firmware? Please be more specific when describing the issue then our engineers may understand the issue better. >> Both 5GHz abd 2.5GHz wireless connection speed dropped. The issue start when initial start with your factory firmware come with the router and the update firmware downloaded from TP Link official website, Do you mean there is another TP-Link switch in the AX73 network, and the LAN speed from the switch is bad? What if you remove the switch and test the LAN speed of the router, will it be normal? What is the LAN device you are testing the speed of? How about the Negotiation Speed on it? What is the model of the switch? >>Originally I had a Hauwei AX3 and a Xiaomi Pro connected to the network. Both of there are working well. I brought the TP Link just want to upgrade the speed of the system. However, that is disappointed. Andy
Options
2022-02-10 15:42:13
@Kevin_Z But also removed Deco M4 wifi boosters. Did not updated the new firmware, all seems to be working fine now with amazing speeds. I think that the wfi signal of the Deco M4 was the interference in this. Wifi signal now stable. The router i use is TP Link managed switch 2808 , working fine now. >> I'm sorry that I am neither using that router non have Deco M4 wifi boosters in my network. The above example won't help to solve my problem. >> Regarding your worry about the interference between the wifi signal from different routers, I did turned off the Hauwei and Xiaomi router before testing your TP-Link AX73. Pls check your machine!
Options
2022-02-11 02:32:25

Hello @Andyli_hk, if that is the case, we would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later to troubleshoot further. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-02-11 17:51:25

@Kevin_Z 

Also noticed that if there are devices in the netwrok which dont support IP6 ,it leads to connection problems

By turning IP6 of it seems more stable

Please advice

Kr

Hen Simons

Options
2022-02-14 12:30:25

HSimons wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Also noticed that if there are devices in the netwrok which dont support IP6 ,it leads to connection problems

By turning IP6 of it seems more stable

Please advice

Kr

Hen Simons

Hello @HSimons, can you please explain this in more detail? Do you mean you are using IPv6 connection on the router, but the internet connection on the router is not stable if there are some devices that connect to the router don't support IPv6? Where did you disable the IPv6, on the router or on the client devices that don't support IPv6?

Who is your ISP? What is the IPv6 connection type, is it the same as the IPv4?

Options